Tuesday 17 April 2012

UFO Seen from Mt. Maunganui, New Zealand (Video)

By UFO Casebook

Mt. Maunganui, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand - April, 2012
Clare Bridges
My girlfriend and I were taking our regular walk on Saturday up the Mount, enjoying the wonderful weather, and I had my camera with me to take some photos.
We were about one third of the way up the path, looking out over the main Mt Maunganui beach, when we overheard some people talking about a saucer one of them claimed to have seen in the sky just prior to us arriving there.

Everyone was looking at the sky and it seemed like more than one person had seen something, although everyone was calm and not excited about it. We had not seen anything, however, and I thought nothing of it until one person saw it again, or perhaps it was a different one, and so I switched my camera onto video mode hoping to record something.
As I am not familiar with my camera, and did not see what the others saw at the time, I did capture something noteworthy while I was focusing on the group of hikers in front of me, which does indeed show a saucer or something like that clearly in the sky before it departed.
When I recorded this I could not see into the eyepiece clearly enough to know what was right in front of us all, but afterwards I spoke to more people who had seen the first object, but had not seen this one.
Only a couple of people there had seen what my camera caught, despite it being clearly visible. At the time, I didn't check the footage as I didn't know even if the camera was recording properly, as I use it mostly for photography.
My partner saw another video taken at the Mount on youtube about the same time we were there yesterday and said I should upload this too.
UPDATE: I have now seen the other video and the objects on that video, while demonstrably further away, appear to be following the same path, which is south across the main Tauranga region.
We continued our walk to the top of the Mount, and did not see anything else during our time there, and we were there from about midday until about half past one or two. No one else we spoke to on the way up or down reported seeing anything unusual.
(Editor's Note: This video is hard to figure. The object is so far away, and when I slowed it down to a crawl, it looked like a bird with its wings flapping. But, if the original video was submitted at the proper speed, well... we don't have birds that can fly that fast in Texas. Maybe they do in New Zealand.) What do you think?