Saturday 7 June 2014

Jon Ronson: 'I looked for UFOs with Robbie in Snoop Dogg's plane'

 

Jon Ronson has described his experience of UFO hunting in Nevada… with Robbie Williams… in Snoop Dogg's plane.
The journalist and documentary maker ended up UFO-watching with the Swings Both Ways singer in the middle of the Nevada desert.

How did it all come about? Watch the video below:



Ronson discussed the events on Alan Davies' new show As Yet Untitled, which comes to Dave on Monday, June 16 at 10pm.
Williams has previously confessed that it was an obsession with UFOs that made him "weird and fat", after the demands of his music career took their toll.
"I got a bit burnt out and I was looking for something else. I thought that something else was making documentaries about UFOs," he explained.
"But that wasn't going to work out for me. It just made me weird and - at the time - fat. Weird and fat, looking at UFOs."

A true believer in extra-terrestrial life, Williams also revealed in 2008 that he had been visited by an alien life form.
He said that he was visited by a strange black light after putting the finishing touches to a song, titled 'Arizona', about alien abduction.