Monday 15 June 2015

Halle Berry: Aliens are out there


By Belfast Telegraph

Halle Berry is convinced there are other life forms in the universe.

In her TV show Extant, Halle plays an astronaut called Molly who discovers she's pregnant following a 13-month solo mission. The plot has made the 48-year-old star consider extraterrestrials and she's sure there must be other life somewhere.
"There has to be something else out there, don't you think? I've never been egotistical enough to think we are the only ones," she told British magazine Hello!
"I always like to know how we can all co-exist, how we manage to get to the next step in our evolution. Being on a TV show that deals with these questions has really widened my horizon."

Shooting the show was a special time for Halle, not just because she was making the move to TV but also because she'd just welcomed her second child, son Maceo who is now 20 months.
Juggling a young baby, her older daughter Nahla and work was a difficult period for the star but one she's glad she went through.

"It hit me very quickly. For months I did 'drive-by nursing' every three hours. It was an awakening for me, I don't think I've ever worked harder in my life," she explained.

The thing Halle usually gives up when she works and cares for her kids is sleep, but she's got used to that. It's important to her that she still thinks about her career, although now she tries to get work nearer her home so she doesn't have to leave them.

"It's made me more complete as a person, no question about it," she said of parenting. "You're responsible not just for you, but for the well being of your children. It's a huge undertaking, but it's the most rewarding thing I've ever done."